Year 2017 Policy
IMPORTANT to read & share this with party member as your deposit payment acknowledges that everyone has read & understands our rules and regulations for Year 2017 camping season.
Deposits are due w/in 10 days of booking reservation. --$150.00 per cottage & $25.00 deposit for each RV or tent - per week or less is required. All deposits are not refundable which include reasons of illness, emergency, inclement weather or any other circumstance beyond our control.
3-night minimum basis: MAY up to 3rd Saturday in June and month of September
Weekly basis- Saturday to Saturday: 3rd Saturday in June through August 30th
Cottages equipped with: propane heat; gas range; hot & cold water; refrigerator/freezer; microwave; toaster; coffee pot; toilet and shower; cooking and eating utensils. Trash bags for our trashcans are provided. Personal linens are not provided (beds are full/double and single sizes). Cabins #7 has one bedroom with a queen size bed rather than full size bed. Campground water supply is chlorinated well water.
We know that plans can go astray. However, we rely primarily on advance reservations and the cancellation cannot always be filled so to be fair to all concerned our policy is as follows: If more than the required deposit is received, Camp Carol reserves the right to place that amount towards the balance that is due from the cancelled reservation.
- Air conditioners are prohibited in cottages.
- No BBQ grills allowed on cottage porches. Each cottage has a porch with the exception of cottage #5-open deck. We do not provide BBQ grills.
- PORTABLE BBQ GRILLS, DEEP FRYERS, FIRE PITS ETC: You must bring your own material to raise these items up off the grass to prevent damaging our lawn.
CATS are NOT allowed in our cottages and only ONE dog per cottage (no matter the size of the dog):
- One can Check-in @12:00 noon on arrival date BUTCOTTAGES MAY NOT BE READY UNTIL AFTER 2:00 PM
- Checkout time is 10:00 a.m. on departure date. Please be respectful; time is needed to prepare and clean for the next reservation arrival. Upon departure guests are required to leave Camp Carol in the same general condition as it was in when you arrived. Do not leave an untidy cottage at the end of your stay. Cleaning supplies are furnished upon request.
- Registration and payment are due on arrival (including daily visitors, no exceptions!)
- Children are counted at age 1. There shall be NO exceptions to maximum number of people allowed in a cottage. If you mistakenly go over the cottage occupancy limit you will be charged $25.00 per person/daily.
- YOUR GUESTS: There is a DAILY & OVERNIGHT visitor fee - Daily Visitor is defined as on the premises during the day up to 11:00 pm. ALL daily visitors must be gone from the premises by no later than 11:00 pm; an overnight visitor is defined as 11:00 pm up to 10:00 am the following morning (see Rate Sheet). Visitors to cottage must not impede cottage occupancy limit. You may want to inform visiting guests of this fee. You are ultimately responsible for their fee. Visitors to our campground are expected to be respectful and courteous and will abide by our rules.
- Guests are not allowed to bring pets. Ignoring this policy will result in your guests being asked to leave the premises immediately.
RVs must be completely self-contained including grey water. We have a discharge station with the following stipulations:
- Pets must be controlled to ensure peace and privacy of other guests
- Dogs must be leashed and in your attendance at all time
- Pet must hold a valid rabies vaccination certificate
- You must clean up after your pet
- Any pet showing aggressive behavior or bites someone will be immediately banned from the Camp Carol
- Excessive barking dog will not be tolerated
- Camper accepts full and complete responsibility for any injury caused by their pets' actions
NOTE: Our electrical system will permit the operation of air conditioners in RVs due to low amperage.
RESTROOMS/SHOWER FACILITY -SMOKING IS PROHIBITED IN ALL RESTROOMS
- 2 nights of RV camping or less= no use of dumping station. For RV camping two nights or less and would like to have dumping privileges add $25.00 to camping fee.
- Please leave your campsite neat and clean upon your departure.
- Please remove all personal items from restrooms; articles may be thrown out upon cleaning of facilities
- Please be considerate for the sake of others not to mention for health and safety risks please do not mistreat these areas
There are two fish processing buildings with electric and water. Do not clean fish in cottages. Do not place anything other than fish remains in the barrels under the counters in fish cleaning houses. Do not place garbage bags in these barrels.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to rent & operate Camp Carol's boat motors.
- * New Law Effective May 1st 2014: All individuals born on or after 5/1/96 are now required to successfully complete an approved course in boater education in order to operate a motorboat. Approved courses include those offered by NYS Parks, the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary or the U.S. Power Squadrons. Individuals less than 10 years of age may not take this course of instruction. Certain allowances to this law have been made for visitors to New York, persons renting a boat and persons purchasing a new boat for the first time. - See more at: http://nysparks.com/recreation/boating
- We only allow a maximum of 15hp motors on our boats.
- Boats must be returned in the manner in which they were rented to you. Clean out fishing line; cans/bottles; worms; worm containers; wrappers; papers, etc. or be charged $25.00 per boat to be cleaned.
- Boats include one anchor, two oars and a U.S. Coast Guard PFD for each person riding in boat (NEW YOUR STATE LAW). If you refuse any of our PFDs provided with our rental boats because you have your own sufficient number for persons in the boat, you are required to sign a Protective Flotation Device Waiver Statement upon your arrival.
- PERSONAL BOATS/JET SKIS, ETC: bumpers, ropes, etc. are NOT to be secured to docks when boat is out on the lake. Electrical cords are to be unplugged and rolled up away from docks and water when not in use; if found not in compliance they will be removed.
New York State that restricts the transporting of untreated firewood to a 50-mile radius unless its source is identified as New York Approved Treated Firewood to reduce the risk of introduction and spread of invasive insects and diseases of trees. We have firewood for sale (as available). Firewood will NOT BE DELIVERED AFTER 7:00 P.M. No one will be allowed to retrieve wood him/her self.
Camp Carol assumes no responsibility and is released from any and all liability for loss, damage or stolen personal property, or for the use of our grounds or facilities; use is entirely at the user's risk. Users also assume full responsibility for injury or illness occurring to themselves or to their visitors. If you have not already done so Camp Carol recommends that you purchase insurance for your personal possessions.
Camp Carol reserves the right to make necessary changes in the rules and policies at any time to protect the safety of all campers and in the best interest of the campground. Any one refusing to abide by the rules or creating a disturbance will be asked to leave without refund. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone non compliant with campground rules.
- Speed Limit is 5mph and is enforced. Anyone uncooperative will be directed to leave the campground.
- No flammable/volatile liquids/toxic chemicals of any type will be stored under, around or in any of our cottages. In other words, gasoline cans of any type with any amount of gasoline in them are prohibited from sitting under/around or in any of Camp Carol cottages (NYS DEPT of HEALTH Violation)
- Quiet hours observed 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- No profanity and no loud music are allowed.
- Report any unusual activity or situation immediately that you feel may cause harm to a person or personal property. Please report any maintenance situation, do not attempt to repair it yourself
- NYS law- children 12 years of age and younger must wear U.S. Coast Guard personal flotation devices while boating and we require they wear them on our docking facilities.
- Discharging of weapons or fireworks is strictly prohibited at Camp Carol; *otherwise you will be instructed to pack up and leave the premises without refund.
- There are designated areas for campfires. Keep in mind that cottages & camper sites (except for two areas) do not have their own campfire area. Do no leave fires unattended. Campfires only allowed in the designated areas. DO NOT move the fire rings. It is your responsibility to clean out your trash/debris in the ring.
- Only general trash will be accepted in our trash bin for all other trash YOU CARRY IT IN / YOU CARRY IT OUT. And as always use common sense-no flammable or hazardous materials are to be disposed of in our trash (i.e. propane cylinders, gas tanks, cans of pain, etc.)
- Please remove all trash from your cottage or camping site and place in dumpster that is on the premises.
- Do not mix cardboard & newspapers in with regular trash (i.e. pizza boxes, camping equipment boxes, etc.); let us know you have it and we will pick it up.
- We sell Fishing and Hunting Licenses.
- Freezer space is available for your fish at no extra charge.